If you know me, you know that Breast Cancer is the biggest cause I focus on as far as charities are concerned, so I was super excited to have the opportunity to do this Aftershokz Aware With Pink Headphones Review!
My mom is a breast cancer survivor, and I do the Susan G. Komen 3-Day almost every year since her diagnosis. (Read about that here).
I also have a small head (I used to wear childrens’ prescription glasses before I got lasik. My Barbie pair and Spongebob pair with glow-in-the-dark arms were favorites)! So I had another reason to be pumped about this campaign – earbuds often hurt my ears because they were too big to comfortably fit, and over the ear headphones were often way too big!
A little background…
What sets Aftershokz apart is their bone conduction technology, which was initially used in military special operations and law enforcement, but was then brought to the consumer market in 2011! These headphones rest just outside the front of the ear, and use our bones to amplify the sounds into our ears, leaving our ears open to hear things going on around us – much safer for anyone running or walking around to be able to hear traffic or other dangers!
You may be wondering… What does this have to do with breast cancer?
Well, aside from the fact that these are limited edition PINK headphones, there’s more to love about this Aftershokz Aware With Pink Trekz Titanium headphones set.
Between now and October 31st, for Breast Cancer Awareness month, Aftershokz is donating 25% of sales from these limited edition Pink Trekz Titanium Aftershokz headphones to Bright Pink, which is a non-profit organization that focuses on Breast and Ovarian Cancer awareness and action!
But wait, there’s more!
There’s also an instagram challenge coming up in October with two prompts per week. I am in! And if you join, you could win the opportunity to review the Pink Trekz Aftershokz headphones, too! And the best part is, anytime anyone posts the hashtag “#AwareWithPink” on facebook, twitter, or instagram, Trekz will donate 25 cents to Bright Pink!
[Tweet “#AwareWithPink @Aftershokz Trekz Titanium Review + deal via @Mandelicious”]
Isn’t that fun? There’s even more!
Right now, for my readers, there’s an extra sale too! If you put the small case in your cart, too, and then use the code “PinkGift” at checkout, the small case is free!
Here is what it looks like!
I have really loved these so far!
1. They are bluetooth, so I was able to walk around the house while on the phone, completely hands-free! The bluetooth quality was great – my phone did not have to be within “sight” of the headphones – I could go in other rooms and leave my phone behind!
2. You can make and receive calls on them (which you probably gathered from #1)!
3. The battery life seems great! You use a micro USB charger (which goes with) to charge them.
4. The sound quality is fantastic, and you don’t have to compromise your safety to listen to music or podcasts (here are some of my favorites) when you go on runs (or walks, for me, since I don’t run)!
5. You could probably still use them to block out UNWANTED social interactions, but if you do want to talk, you definitely still can, and listen at the same time!
6. They don’t hurt my little head or ears!
7. They stay where they are supposed to be – no falling off or out!
8. I guess they are sweat and rain proof (but not swim proof), but I live in California and haven’t pushed myself to the limit yet, nor has Mother Nature, while wearing these!
9. Purchasing them and posting them helps Bright Pink!
Plus, they hooked me up with some extra swag!
I am grateful to Aftershokz for the opportunity to be a part of a campaign that helps me to support a cause dear to my heart, and to pass a gift of a free case along to you, my pals! I was given the headphones and swag in exchange for my honest opinion!
I won’t be able to use them DURING my 3-Day this year (and, by the way, I am looking for donations, so click here – every dollar helps!), because I think they’d still consider them headphones, which are against the rules! But I will definitely be using them on my training walks! And once the rest of the headphone world catches up with these safe puppies, maybe it would be allowed!
What is your favorite charity or cause? How about your favorite headphones? What do you like to listen to while exercising?
Comment below! And don’t forget to share and use the hashtag #AwareWithPink!
P.S. Did you like what you read? Make sure to check out other blogs on the page, and to subscribe by entering your email below, so you never miss a post!