Happy Friday! It’s time for Bold Moves Podcast Episode 46 Fearless Fridays 23: Christa’s Challenge! If you missed Monday’s installment, I interviewed arguably one of the most inspiring people so far, Christa Preston! She was watching tv one night and decided to buy a one-way ticket to Africa and ended up starting a non-profit! Intrigued yet? If so, definitely go back to Monday’s post and listen to this interview! I asked her to issue a challenge for my us, so here we go! Keep reading (and listening) for Bold Moves Podcast Episode 46 Fearless Fridays 23: Christa’s Challenge!
I always like to share my results from the previous weeks challenges, and I am making some headway!
I am still working on Neda’s Challenge (announcement coming soon!), which is going to take me several weeks, but I think it is going to pay off big!
I completed Derrick’s challenge, having emailed five people last week and five this week, and am waiting for more responses! Here is the list of celebrities I’ve emailed – primarily to see if I can get them on my podcast! It is tough, because I don’t follow many celebrities, but instead try to do my own thing, so it’s really hard to think of people!
Week One, with an update:
1. Arnold Schwarzenegger – He was my childhood crush, and has an extremely inspiring story! I have listened to him a couple time on Tim Ferriss’ podcast, so I thought I’d try him to see if I can get him to jump on the podcast!
2. Author Lindy West, per my future sister-in-law’s suggestion, to ask her to be on my show.
3. Elizabeth Warren, because nevertheless, she persisted.
4. Darren Hardy, because he made quick achievement of goals a habit and a system.
5. Bo Eason, because I LOVE his story, and would love to have him on my podcast!
For week two:
6. Ellen DeGeneres, because I have adored her for years and would love to have a show like hers.
7. Oprah Winfrey, see #6, plus she has a game called “Bold Moves,” and I’d love to chat with her about how great minds think alike!
8. Jon Acuff – I love his books and his sense of humor! His team responded really quickly, too… And it gives me motivation to grow my podcast even faster, so I can have him on next Fall when he is promoting his next book! Please share it out so that I can get him on – I promise, it will be worth your time! 😉
9. Richard Branson – A thrill-seeking successful entrepreneur seems like a perfect fit!
10. Christene Barberich – Because I feel like having a blogger who’s done incredibly well would be inspiring, plus her career path has been really interesting!
I finished Jaimie’s weeks ago, but I need to post a picture to Instagram and use the hashtag #BoldMovesFearlessFridays – you will see that that is going to be a pattern for me!
I am finally done with Rosanne & Madeline Stuart’s challenge! The challenge and corresponding interview have renewed the importance of the necessary attention to stopping isolation, so I think it will likely become a habit! I definitely plan to go beyond the five! I think, though, that this one does not lend itself well to a photo, so I will bypass that part!
And for Maddy’s? Done! In fact, I used this as an opportunity to ask some of my past guests to leave me reviews on iTunes. I’d love it if you did the same! Here are my most recent reviews!
I gotta be honest, I laughed out loud when I read Hemad’s name “Persian Zach Morris!” To date, his interview remains one of my favorites, so if you are new around here, I recommend you go check it out. You will enjoy it! I am so appreciative of all of the kind words everyone had for me!
As for Phil’s, I’ve completed it, and look forward to spending another hour chatting with him and taking advantage of his expertise, and seeing what the tips to better use LinkedIn do to help me with my career! I found it super entertaining that he and I chatted about the gross people on there, and one decided to pop up in response to his challenge!
There has since been a second one as well! Yikes, people! I think I am going to start replying with a link to our podcast interview for LinkedIn best practices! haha!
Don’t forget – you need this to do the challenge, and the deadline is 2/26! Tag Phil & I on social media to let us know if you completed it! You still have time, and here’s a tip that will save you a little time that took me a while!
For #5 – there are three dots on your homepage – that’s where you can change the filter, in case you need that help!
As for Daniel’s challenge from last week, I think I have become better at making this a habit already – skipping the excuses and either ALLOWING myself to not do something without guilt, or just doing whatever it is! One thing I finally “just did” was a difficult text requesting an even more difficult conversation I was able to have when I was home visiting my family!
As always, I would love to see what you are doing, especially with this one, because I feel like it is so needed right now! Don’t forget to show me what you do for Bold Moves Podcast Episode 46 Fearless Fridays 23: Christa’s Challenge with the hashtag #BoldMovesFearlessFridays on Instagram or twitter! I have gotten a little out of the habit of doing it, but I need to bring it back to life, and perhaps you can help me stay accountable to it! 😉 This week’s, along with some of the catch-ups from last week, should be pretty fun for that!
And now, we have Christa’s challenge, which I think lends itself beautifully to Instagram! Keep your eyes on mine within the next week!
As you may have noticed, this week with the update to Bold Moves Podcast Episode 46 Fearless Fridays 23: Christa’s Challenge, I have gotten much more of the challenges done… And it has made me want to be even more productive! That is part of the beauty of these challenges – you get “wins” from completing them, and they build your confidence and inspire you to do even more, hopefully propelling you closer to your dreams!
So, what #BoldMovesFearlessFridays challenge has been your favorite so far? Have you done any? Comment below!