Last week Friday, I was in a funk. Who gets into a funk on Fridays? Probably mostly people who are self-employed and love what they do, and this past Friday, that was most certainly me!
I think the fact that I still don’t know many people here and have been spending most of my time online was one thing that was getting to me. I think another was that our moving truck STILL had not arrived (it finally did last night), so I was working with very limited clothing options, getting very little, low-quality sleep on an air mattress, and had to leave the apartment if I wanted a luxury like a chair! I know – this is obviously a list of first-world problems, and I will address that in a minute!
In any case, I am sure that I am not the only person to ever get in a funk, and I bet the day I am posting – Monday – is a much funkier day than most (and I don’t mean in a Bruno Mars) sort of way.
I promise, I did not create this post solely to whine about being in a funk. I’ve obviously gotten out of the funk, and wanted to share with you how I did it, and see what ideas you have for when you need to put a smile on your own face!
Without further ado, here are my solutions to a funk!
1. Make a list of things for which you’re grateful! If you take the time to think about why you’re blessed, you can’t focus as much about why you’re down!
2. Put on some fun clothes, and…
3. Move! The fun outfit should lift your spirits! Try wearing something nice, or simply bright colors! And if you move somehow (exercise, walk, dance, anything) the endorphins will improve your mood!
4. This backtracks a bit to Bruno Mars, but another great way is to throw on some music with an irresistible beat! I think everyone has (or at least should have) a list of songs that make it impossible to sit still, and that type of playlist is perfect for this type of occasion! Call upon your favorite artists, and get a move on!
5. Solve the problem! This probably should have been #1, but if you KNOW a specific reason why you’re upset, do something to fix it! You’re not stuck in your circumstances! Plus, I have made videos before about confidence through action – it works on your mood, too!
6. DECIDE to be happy! You can’t control what happens to you, but you can control how you react to it! It’s not easy, but decide not to let it bother you, even if it’s temporarily!
7. Get some love from a pet or friend! Some snuggles from Refugio helped me! Excuse the mess in the picture – our apartment is still chaotic from the move!
8. Look at a sunshine folder – and if you don’t have one, make one! I have one just for Beachbody – it’s an album of transformation stories that I have been a part of, and looking at it makes me happy! Looking at things that have brought you joy can definitely help you get out of a funk!
9. Pray or meditate! If you are spiritual/religious/into meditation, this could already be first nature to you, but if not, it’s at least worth a shot!
I think that rounds out my list! What are some suggestions you have for how you get out of a funk? Share them in the comments below!
[Tweet “How to get out of a funk! via @Mandelicious”]
P.S. If you are looking for some accountability and motivation in the areas of fitness and nutrition, check this group out! We are accepting people up through April 12th, and would love to have you!
Did you like what you read? Make sure to check out other blogs on the page, and to subscribe by entering your email below, so you never miss a post!
Also, connect with me on social media!