Do you have a morning routine? I have two: one that I do at bare minimum, and one that I do ideally.
In all honesty, the bare minimum is what happens most days, but one of the items from the ideal day made an appearance in the afternoon the other day, and it really brightened my day!
The ideal morning routine for me is as follows, taken from one of my favorite personal development books of all time – The Compound Effect, by Darren Hardy.
The premise behind the book is that small actions repeated daily into a habit have results that compound because you gain momentum, or as he calls it, “Mo!”
I’m glad I took the time to write that summary, because it was a great reminder that my ideal should really become my no matter what in order for that magic to work!
Anyway, without further ado, here’s my goal for an ideal morning routine (starting from right after my first hit of “snooze!”:
1. Before I get out of bed, I think of 16 different things for which I am thankful, and I try to be creative with them!
2. Send love – think of three people who I want to send love to mentally – well wishes or prayers for them to have a great day!
3. Think of my #1 goal or my purpose, and then three things that I am going to do that day to move myself closer to that goal!
4. By this time, my snooze alarm is going off, or is about to. So, I get out of bed and drink a glass of room temperature water with Apple Cider Vinegar, Lemon Essential Oils, and Daily D!
5. Personal development reading – reading books like the one I mentioned – the Compound Effect! This gives me the opportunity to start my day with a positive mindset and get motivation to accomplish my goals! This also includes reading Jesus Calling every morning!
6. While I read, I drink tea and/or my pre-workout!
7. Next, I work out. Hello, endorphins! It also helps so that I don’t have to think about it the rest of the day! AND it has been hot in the afternoon lately, so getting it done when it’s still cool outside is a bonus!
8. Schedule my day and my three MVP actions toward my goal.
9. THEN check my email and social media, and get started on my work for the day!
[Tweet “My ideal morning routine & why It should happen daily via @Mandelicious”]
Ideally, these happen daily, all nine of them, before I do anything else. It has been a while since they had, though, so I am so glad to be revisiting them! Bare minimum days are 1, 4, and 7, and then the rest of the day is a hodgepodge of craziness!
The other day, I was grumpy. I was reliving a moment in my mind over and over where someone was rude to me. I needed a boost. I often use #1 for this, and just quickly mentally list off in rapid fire all of the reasons I am lucky and blessed.
This time, though, I opted for #2, and actually decided to send love to a stranger… The first person I saw. A stranger in Whole Foods! I thought “I hope he is healthy. I hope he makes a great dinner with what he buys today. Oh, he is married! I hope that he and his wife are happy! I wonder if he has kids. I bet he does. I hope they are healthy and happy!” and just thinking about happy things for him and his family cheered me up… A little bit.
Fast forward to walking to my car, and who did I see in the parking lot? The older man I had just sent all kinds of love to. And you know what? My mind got so happy, like I was seeing a dear friend or relative. It was that moment at which I thought about the importance of #2 in my daily routine!
[Tweet “Why sending love to others comes back to you! via @Mandelicious”]
I also read in a book by Joseph Murphy about the importance of praying for our clients and future clients, which makes sense! If we pray for their financial blessings and motivation, they are more likely to be in a place to come to us for help! I just love it!
What are your morning routines? Are you going to add any of mine to what you already do?
P.S. Did you like what you read? Make sure to check out other blogs on the page, and to subscribe by entering your email below, so you never miss a post!
Also, connect with me on social media!
Mandie’s Fitness, Nutrition, Personal Development, Sustainability & Beauty Facebook Page!
Mandie on Instagram!
Mandie on Periscope!
Mandie’s Google +