If you’ve been following me for a while, you know that I am super passionate about living my best life, and sharing how others can benefit from tips I’ve learned along the way to do exactly that. From health tips (both fitness and nutrition), to personal development, and even finances, anytime I learn a way to make life a little better, I share it! Today’s tip covers two great things – nutrition and saving money! Check out How to Save Money on Organic Groceries – and the best part it, they are even delivered for free!
While browsing the internet a while back, a deal crossed my newsfeed that I couldn’t ignore – an opportunity to save money on organic groceries. I love food and a good deal, so I thought “I’ll bite!” (see what I did there?)
The ad was for Misfits Market*, which seems to be similar to Imperfect Produce, but better… Better, because it isn’t just produce, but rather TONS of different groceries we buy regularly, including meat, peanut butter, sparkling water – almost everything!
Even before the pandemic, this introvert was a home body, and I have NEVER enjoyed going to the grocery store… Well, I take that back… When we lived in the Bay Area, I used to go on Fridays to three grocery stores that ALL had wine tastings, and I could walk to all three in a row. I had no friends in the area, so this was my big social outing! BUT, I can say that I’ve never enjoyed grocery stores without wine honestly – ha!
So, it’s even more exciting to me that I can order these from home, and have them delivered!
They arrive in a box like this, delivered straight to your door!
There’s no delivery fee or membership, which is lovely, too!
How it works is:
1. You choose your weekly delivery date.
2. You pick out at least $30 of groceries (which can actually be harder than it sounds)! If you’re getting meat or anything that requires a cold pack, the cold pack itself has to be at least $30 worth, so feel free to spring for the shrimp or ribeye (we’ve ordered both, and both have been great)! You will have a “store open” period of a few days to choose your items. If you don’t pick $30 worth, nothing happens until the following week!
3. After you complete your order, you have about 24 hours to edit it before you’re charged.
4. Then, you get a shipment notification and then you’ll receive a link to track it on your delivery day.
5. Finally, you’ll get a box (or boxes) like above, with high quality groceries delivered to at a savings!
The inside of the box looks like this:
It is insulated with eco-friendly materials, and the aforementioned cold pack (with meats) and some ice packs.
Here’s the interior of our first cold pack:
Misfits Market has not asked me to do this or compensated me in any way, but I love the service so much, I had to share it!
They do have a program for all of their customers to reward them for sharing, so if you do check it out, I’d love if you used my link! We’ll each get $10, which goes a long way on this site!
What are your tips on how to save money on organic groceries?
*This is a referral link, so it’s mutually beneficial for you to use it, but I’m required to share that I benefit from it too!