I love makeup (I mean, come on… I’m a professional makeup artist!). We can use it to transform our faces & bodies, to enhance our natural beauty, or as a form of self-expression, and many people use it for all three! One thing that I DON’T love about makeup (and there are actually a few things) is that it can be REALLY EXPENSIVE, especially if you want high quality! The good news is, there are some amazing drugstore finds that won’t break the bank… And I am about to share more about one of my favorites that falls into that category as an Inexpensive Makeup Holy Grail Product which is even under $5!
I did a vlog about this quite a while ago. If you’re someone who’d rather watch or listen to a video, then here you go! It’s an alternate way to learn about an inexpensive makeup holy grail product!
Here are some of my loves and hates about it:
1. The price point. At under $5, it’s a steal, which is why I am calling it an inexpensive makeup holy grail product!
2. The size: It’s tiny, and can easily be tossed into a purse, makeup bag, or makeup kit!
3. The versatility. Like I mention in the video above, it has multiple uses… I usually make the “I can use it for several things” justification on much larger price tag purchases, but this one is both inexpensive AND multi-purpose!
4. It’s pretty clean, from an ingredients standpoint! The Think Dirty App, which I love, gives it a score of 3, which they describe as “product does not contain any ingredients which have a documented potential negative health impact.”
1. The tone range… The “deep” color is somewhat of a joke, which I didn’t really realize until after I bought the light and medium, because (again, as I mention in the video above), when I first bought them, the deep tone was sold out. I think they could definitely make deeper colors, as I have had many clients that this would not be as versatile for!
2. See #1 – it’s 2019, let’s be more inclusive!
I mentioned that the Nyx Wonder Pencil* is versatile… Shall I share why, in case you’re not into videos?
One is for concealer. If you have blemishes or dark spots, you can target and cover them very easily and precisely!
Another is as a reverse lip liner, or outline for lips. I despise bleeding lips, or any lip line that isn’t sharp! The Nyx Wonder Pencil* helps to draw a super sharp line around the lips to stop bold colors from blurring and going outside the sharp lip line!
You can also use it to highlight and brighten any dark spots and small areas around the eyes.
The sharpened pencil gives a really precise tip, and it’s nice for it to be all-in-one, as opposed to needing a brush and concealer separately!
If you’re intrigued and want to try this, here’s a link* to purchase on Amazon!
Oh, and a tip for buying any cosmetics on Amazon – make sure it’s from the manufacturer, as it is difficult to regulate, and sometimes other sellers sell counterfeit products, which can be dangerous!
If you’d like to learn more makeup tips and tricks, please check out my online makeup academy! I am going to be starting a “beauty bootcamp” very soon where we’ll go through the course together, almost slumber-party style! It’ll be available to all new and existing “students,” so if you sign up now (and here’s a link to the lowest possible price), you can join in on the fun!
There’ll be prizes, too!
*These are affiliate links… Same experience and price for you, with a hat tip to me for sharing the link!